Monday, January 12, 2015

ISN'T THIS SKYHIGH ROBBERY? CEBU PACIFIC AIR DOESN'T REFUND UNUSED TICKET, UNLIKE PAL WHICH WILL REFUND 100%.

CEBU PAC DOESN'T REFUND UNUSED TICKET, UNLIKE PAL WHICH WILL REFUND 100%. ISN'T THIS SKYHIGH ROBBERY? Yesterday, I got another surprise from CebuPac. PAL WILL REFUND MY UNUSED/SELF-CANCELLED TICKET 100%, WHILE CEBU PAC WON'T. Last Sunday afternoon, I decided to get round-trip tickets (in cash) for an anticipated very important business appointment in Makati for 13 January, today. Due to the cancellation of multiple flights of PAL and Cebu Pac for the upcoming Papal Visit, the flight schedules prior and after 15 & 19 January are also awry. I eventually ended up getting tickets from BOTH PAL & Cebu Pac (Dva-Mla, PAL; Mla-Dvo, CebuPac). However, yesterday, I got official instruction that I don't need to proceed to my appointment in Makati anymore. So I frantically contacted PAL and Cebu Pac for cancellation and reimbursement of my flights. ENDING: PAL WILL REFUND MY FARE 100%; Cebu Pac WILL NOT REFUND MY TICKET! My fee will become PART of their TRAVEL FUND, and P1,200 will be DEDUCTED from my payment because of my cancellation! As CONSOLATION, the BALANCE of my CASH-PAID now-Cebu Pac-dispensed "TRAVEL FUND" I can use to get any ticket of the same destination WITHIN 90 DAYS (albeit, I'm not yet sure whether I'll still be made to pay for the balance if the price of the future ticket s greater than the cancelled one). Thus, I CAN'T get a TOTAL CASH REFUND from Cebu Pac UNLIKE PAL. And according to the OIC (albeit she said it in a very respectful manner) of the travel agency where I purchased the ticket, PRESENTLY, that's the way things are with Cebu Pac, BECAUSE (deplorably, my view), OUR OWN GOVERNMENT, via the CIVIL AERONAUTICS BOARD (CAB) APPROVED SUCH SCHEME! May I please ask the following questions: 1. If PAL allows for my 100% refund, why doesn't Cebu Pac allow so?; 2. Why did the government (VIA CAB) allow such "TRAVEL FUND" scheme?; 3. Why am I NOT ENTITLED TO THE CASH REFUND OF MY MONEY FOR A SERVICE NOT RENDERED TO ME, ESPECIALLY WHEN I'M ALREADY METED OUT A P1200.00 PENALTY FOR CANCELLING MY FLIGHT?; 4. AS A CONSUMER, DOESN'T I HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE MY MIND ABOUT A CERTAIN SERVICE, ESPECIALLY IF IN THE FIRST PLACE I STILL HAVEN'T USED THE SERVICE, and IN THE PROCESS I WAS EVEN ALREADY PENALIZED FOR IT?; 5. WHAT GIVES THE CEBU PACIFIC AIR THE RIGHT TO IMPOSE A WAIVER AND CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS ON FARES WHEN IN EFFECT GOES AGAINST THE BASIC CONSUMER'S RIGHTS, A) TO CHOOSE WHAT KIND OF SERVICE ONE WANTS TO USE; B) TO HAVE HIS/HER PAYMENT RETURNED FOR A SERVICE YET UNUSED, ESPECIALLY IF HE/SHE AS ALREADY BEEN CHARGED PENALTY BY DEFAULT? At present, I'd like to CONJECTURE that the CEBU PAC "TRAVEL FUND SCHEME" is NONE OTHER THAN A SKYHIGH ROBBERY! And! THANKS TO CIVIL AERONAUTICS BOARD, CEBU PAC is DOING IT WITH IMPUNITY!

No comments:

Post a Comment